1 - Lead times will vary by component. The oil pans are typically the last items to be delivered. Most items will be up to a 16 week lead time. The oil pan can take longer. We will ship material as it is available so you can begin the install while certain components are being fabricated.
2 - PLEASE send in your upper oil pan core ASAP. In the past we have struggled getting everyone's pans in a timely manner which drastically affects lead times!
Don't let the other kits fool you, this is the best bang for the buck engine swap for your Porsche 944! Reliable NA swap that makes 944 Turbo power? Easy. Boosted power to make your car an absolute weapon? Easy. All from a 5 cylinder that you can get for $300! Do it once, do it right and enjoy!
This kit is designed to bolt the VW 07K engine onto the stock cross member and torque tube of any 944 or 968. The cross member, power steering rack, and vacuum brake booster can be kept in their original locations. The factory hood will clear the engine without any modifications. No modifications to the car's sheet metal are necessary. There is ample room on the passenger side of the engine for a turbo, wastegate, and down pipe.
Buy now, pay over time. Available at checkout.
- Engine Mounts - Right & Left w/ Isolators
- Billet Valve Cover w/ Breather Box
- Oil Filter Block w/ Gasket and Fittings
- Power Steering Pump Mount
- 1.8T Power Steering Pulley
- Bellhousing w/ Pilot Bearing Adapter & Bearing
- Machined Upper Oil Pan (we will need your core)
- -10 AN Oil Return Port Included
- Lower Oil Pan Sump w/ Baffles & Trap Doors
- Short Runner Cast Aluminum Intake Manifold
- Thermostat Neck Adapter
- Rear Coolant Flange
- Upgraded Tensioner Pulley
- Vacuum Pump Delete Kit
- SPEC Clutch & Flywheel
- Standalone Engine Management
- LCD Race Dash
Additional Required Components:
- 1.8T Thermostat Housing Cover (06A121121C)
- 1.8T Power Steering Pump (964064)
- Solstice GXP Hydraulic Throw Out Bearing (900143)
- Clutch Master Hose Adapter (AT9919BFEERL)
- Kappadapt Hose Adapter f/ TOB (CHK101-2)
- Clutch Hydraulic Hose (Jegs 635158)
- 07K Front Main Seal (TCS461071)
- Starter (Remy 17428)
- 1.8T Ignition Coils (06A905115D)
- Lokar Throttle Cable (LOK-TC-1000LS148)
- Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator (13136)
- VR6 Throttle Body (021133064A)
Here is a list of the components I am using for my personal swap. This should be a good starting point for you as well:
- Stage 1 - 350 ft lbs
- Stage 2 - 410 ft lbs
- Stage 2+ - 450 ft lbs
- Stage 3 - 515 ft lbs
- Stage 3+ - 575 ft lbs
ECU & Swap Harness:
The Elite 750 is an entry-level ECU offering many features available on the more advanced Elite 1500/2500 at an affordable price. Featuring a robust, environmentally sealed, waterproof case, 6 fuel and 6 ignition channels, on-board data logging and flex fuel tuning the Elite 750 is a powerful, compact ECU. Like all Elite Series ECUs, the Elite 750 ECU now uses the Nexus Software Programmer (NSP) that brings levels of functionality and user friendliness never seen before in an engine control package. Together they offer true cutting edge technology to tuners and performance enthusiasts worldwide.
- Supports 1 to 8 Cylinder engines
- 1 to 3 Rotor engines
- Normally aspirated or forced induction
- Load sensing by Throttle Position (TPS), Manifold
- Pressure (MAP) or Mass Air Flow (MAF)
- Staged, Sequential, semi sequential, batch or multipoint injection patterns
- Distributor ignition systems, multi-coil systems, expand CDI range or Haltech Multiplex CDI systems
- Connect to a wide range of display dashes and expansion devices via CAN.
- Waterproof case (IP67) (with USB cover fitted)
- 34 position AMP connector
- 6 x Fuel Injection Outputs (peak and hold (0-8A peak / 0-2A hold)
- 6 x Ignition Outputs
- 2 x Dedicated Engine Position inputs with extensive trigger type support
- 2 x Digital Pulsed Inputs
- 5 x Digital Pulsed Outputs
- 2 x Analogue Voltage Inputs
- 3 x Dedicated Inputs (Throttle Position, Coolant Temperature & Air Temperature)
- Internal 3Bar MAP sensor rated up to 200kPa of boost (2Bar/29psi)
- Up to 45 channels of Input & Output (I/O) expansion (via CAN)
- USB Laptop Communication (Windows)
- On-board data logging
- NSP Calibration Software – Intuitive and easy to use
- Direct Plug & Play w/ VW Sensors
- High Quality Materials and Connectors
- All Connectors Permanently Marked
- Includes Tach Output w/ Male & Female Universal Connector
- Includes Connector f/ Optional Fuel & Oil Press. Sending Units
- Easy OEM Gauge Integration f/ Porsche 944
This single channel Haltech wideband O2 is a CAN based wideband controller perfectly suited for the Haltech Elite and Haltech Nexus ECU’s. This digital wideband lets you know when your O2 sensor has failed and enacts the ECU's engine protections.
Race Dash (optional):
With a crisp, clear and full colour display, the all new Haltech iC-7 Display Dash lets you see things in a brand new way. Designed and manufactured in Australia with motoring enthusiasts in mind, the iC-7 offers market-leading features in a unique, state-of-the-art package. Featuring auto-dimming ambient light reactive brightness, user-programmable multi-colour shift light bar, the iC-7 connects directly to all current Haltech ECUs via a CAN network.
- Ideal replacement for individual analogue gauge clusters.
- Easy to install and configure.
- User adjustable brightness control with automatic dimming.
- User configurable channels, units and alarms.
- 14 programmable, seven colour shift light LEDs.
- Controlled via easily accessible, face-mounted control buttons.
- Configuration via Haltech iC-7 software and USB cable.
Our parts are sold for off-road use only. All performance modifications and installations are at the customers own risk. Boost Brothers Garage and its owners hold no responsibility either implied or otherwise for mechanical, electrical or other failure when using any aftermarket performance products. Items sold for off-road use only are illegal in many states and provinces and are intended for racing vehicles which may never be used on a public road.
By purchasing any aftermarket performance product, the customer takes full responsibility for any use, and/or misuse of the product and agrees that Boost Brothers Garage and its partners hold no responsibility for any consequences, legal, or other, of such use and/or misuse.